At Inland, we appreciate how difficult it is to fill the hours and keep everyone happy during lockdown. If you’re finding yourself short of ideas for keeping the kids amused, look no further;
1. P.E. - Be sure to incorporate some ‘P.E’ into the day. Download lessons by Joe Wicks, create circuits in the garden, or burst that energy with ‘The Bean Game’ (runner bean, jumping bean, broad bean, Mexican Bean, and French bean). Homes at our development, Gardiners Park Village enjoy sizable, landscaped gardens; perfect for this particular range of activities.
2. Arts and Crafts – Get their artistic juices flowing with some arts and crafts activities. We’re talking colouring, painting, collages, play dough, dry clay, junk modelling, nature art – whatever springs to mind!
3. Cooking – Get those culinary skills in check and do some baking. For this you will need a spacious kitchen that can cope with the inevitable mess. Kitchens at Centre Square are a prime choice for families with enthusiastic mini-chefs, with a choice of stylish worktops and high-quality integrated appliances available.
4. Outdoor Time – Children are used to spending lots of time outside at school; so, make sure you give them time to breathe and play outdoors. If the sun is shining, why not take them for a walk/scoot/bike ride at the park? Our development Venue in Maidenhead is just minutes away from several nearby parks for some well needed fresh air.
5. Grow Flowers on the Balcony –Why not plant some seeds and have a Sunflower-growing competition? This is a great way of teaching children how to nurture something, as well as bringing out their competitive spirit.
6. Lego – Set them a challenge to create the tallest tower, the biggest rocket ship, or the most unusual car. Perhaps they could make a replica of one of our developments and send us a photo!
7. Den Making – Everyone loves a den. Drag those cushions, blankets and duvets out and get the kids to create their very own hidey hole. This provides them with the perfect space for some quiet time too.
8. Fun Academic Activities – Thanks to the gift of technology, learning no longer has to be a bore. There are plenty of apps and games available which are revolutionising the way children learn from home. Some examples are mymaths or Times Table Rockstar, Doodle English, and National Geographic Kids.
9. Activity Books – Crosswords, sudoku, spot the difference, colouring in, dot to dot; these books provide welcome relief for parents looking for ways to entertain the kids. Kill two birds with one stone and get them to use their activity books in their newly constructed den!
10. TV Time – After a fun filled day, it’s always worth unwinding with a film and reflecting on the day. Make the most of this valuable time together, it could very well be a blessing in disguise.
Enter our 'Design Your Dream Home' Competition on Twitter and Instagram!
This is the perfect opportunity to keep your children entertained and have the chance to win an exciting prize...
£25 Smyths Toys E-Voucher
1. You must be following Inland Homes on the platform you are entering on
2. Ask your child to draw/paint a picture of their dream home
3. Post a picture of their masterpiece and tag us for your chance to win
Competition Starts 6th April 2020 and ends 30th April 2020. Entries outside these dates will not be entered. View the full T&Cs here: https://bit.ly/2XdOupT